Friday, January 18, 2008

Working Girl

Another quiet morning here at the office and I can't complain one bit. Whether it's good or not I've gotten quite used to coming into work and doing exactly what I want to do for the entire day, oh and get paid for it as well. The Miami/NYC projects have been slow-going to say the least, and until I get the go-ahead from Avelino to continue sending properties to Alberto, I'll be happily sitting pretty. And I don't feel bad about it.

Every professional gets to a point where he or she needs some down time- preferably paid of course, and I think I've come to that point. It's not like I'm being lazy by any means- I do my work ,when I have it that is, and the rest of the time I make myself busy with other personal projects. Right now for instance I'm finally coming to the end of a translation that Liliana asked me to do before the wedding. I estimate that I'll be finished with it by the end of the month, after which time I intend to start "The Excellent Wife" online study that I found the other day.

It's obvious that God knows us better than we know ourselves, and when He gives us down-time it's definitely for a reason. So I've learned to take advantage. As I mentioned in previous entries, as a newlywed I'm still adjusting to this new lifestyle change and I think I'm finally starting to get a hang of my role as wife. So the Lord has graciously allowed me to ease into things, instead of having to make all kinds of drastic changes at once.

0 comments: