Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Overdue update










I can't believe that in less than a week and three days I'll be a married woman. Everyone has told me that during the last couple months up until the wedding, the days just fly by unbelievably fast. Over the past couple weeks I've gotten caught up with all the preparativos and getting things together for the house, work, etc. I've involved myself so much in everything that needs to be done before the wedding that I've forgotten to document it all. I know that once October is over I'll want to be able to look back to this blog to remember all of the major and minor details leading up to my big day. I can't wait for it to finally get here.




The dreaded fitting the other Friday actually went much better than anticipated. Granted, it couldn't be zipped up the whole way, but you could definitely see a huge difference between this time around and the first time that I tried the dress on- nada que ver. Paqui has been very encouraging and I feel bad for having such a negative attitude about her and the dress. After all, she has only offered to help, which has been a huge blessing. This coming Monday evening we've arranged to have our final fitting. She said that with the progress I've been making that I should be able to zip up the dress by then. But if a few inches need to be taken out then it can be done in less than an afternoon. So I feel a lot more at ease, knowing that if an inch or two needs to be taken out that it can easily be done. In the best case scenario the dress will fit by Monday, but if it doesn't the end of the world won't come either.


I must say that I'm pretty content with the fact that I currently stand at 204 pounds. It's been a long road travelled thus far, and there's still quite a ways to go, but I'm glad that I'm halfway there essentially. Between now and Monday I would like to lose between 4-5 pounds before the fitting. I'm not sure if that will be enough to fit me in the dress, but at 199 pounds, I should definitely be there or damn near close. I'm excited that I'm learning with this whole proces, and that losing weight hasn't just been a quick fix to solve a problem; rather, it's a lifestyle change towards healthy living- a byproduct of which is weight loss.



At times I get caught up in the fact that this is one of the biggest moments of my life, and nevertheless my closest family members haven't been able to be here with me to share all of the experiences- from trying on the dress, to buying accesories, to organizing the ceremony and reception, etc. In fact, I've allowed myself to get pretty down and out about that recently- more than I care to admit. But in spite of the validity of those feelings, I can see now that it's quite a thankless attitude to taken on. God has truly blessed me in this time, going above and beyond to show me that despite my manias that I'm all by myself and no one understands me, I'm surrounded by so many people who love and care for me like one of their own. Charo has been a mom to me in so many ways, including how a mother would be there for her daughter who's about to get married. Paqui is like aunt Mim- a seamstress to rival all others, and on top of that a heart of gold and a divine willingness to give. There are so many other examples as well of people who have stepped in to help, and really gone out of their way to make me feel welcome and loved. So when I think about all that I can't, in all good conscience, allow myself to fall into the negative, "oh-woe-is-me" mindset.


Josh is coming in this weekend and the rest of the fam arrives next Thursday. I'm excited that Josh will be able to spend some time with us, because this really is a golden opportunity to witness to him. He and Chechu will be staying together at our apartment until Leonard and Candace get in, and from there he'll be staying with Chechu at his gram's.

I'm so excited to see Riss and Mom too, and I'm definitely counting down the days until Christmas. I can hear the Christmas carols now!!


This whole week has been nonstop, and next week will be much of the same-- Chechu has been going back and forth to the house to fix things and get everything together to move in. We'll be ogg to Mallorca for our honeymoon and I am just thrilled that we'll actually be going somewhere! A full, blissful week away from everyone and everything!

0 comments: