Friday, September 28, 2007

Resolve

I've somehow managed to come to terms with the whole drama surrounding the dress. At some point between yesterday and today it finally sunk in that if it does in fact have to be altered, it's okay. The world will certainly not come to an end over this. All I know is that within the realm of normalcy I've certainly done my best to lose the most weight possible by eating healthier and exercising, and in doing so I've lost around 20 pounds since the start of the summer. So between that and God's miracle-working power I very well could get into the dress without needing any alterations. Regardless, I have to be thankful that Paqui has been there for me throughout this whole process, and has offered to help me if necessary.
I'm tired of the suspense though. I'm anxious for the nine-o'clock hour to roll around so that I can get this over with. At least by the end of the day I'll know where I stand concerning this issue.

This morning Avelino gave me the morning off to run errands with Chechu and Charo. We first went to pick up the wedding rings at the jeweler's and had them engraved. Afterwards Charo and I went to El Ejido to pick out my jewelry ensemble for the wedding. She bought me a gorgeous set of earrings and a necklace, worth over $500. I still can't believe she spent that much money on me, but nevertheless I am certainly grateful for her gift. The woman is truly a blessing.

Mañana más.. Tomorrow morning we're supposed to go to the apartment with Pepe TV to place the light fixtures and emergency lights in the apartment. Afterwards we're supposed to go and pick out our favors for the reception and then, if there's time, go to Carrefour to check out their deals on honeymoons. It's hard to believe that this coming Monday will be October 1st, marking just twenty days until the wedding.

0 comments: