Monday, December 29, 2008

Needing to vent..

So Chechu and I are finishing out our last few days here in the States before heading back to Spain on Friday. Much like last year my expectation was to be able to go on and on about how wonderful of a time I've had during the holidays- how much I've seen and how much I've enjoyed being home with family and friends. After being away for a year I suppose it gets easier and easier to romanticize the idea of coming back home. This, in my case however, has only lead to the reality of being disappointed.

Granted, I'm thrilled that I got the chance to see my sister and meet her new husband. Both of us ended up getting sick over Christmas break, so that inevitably limited our plans. But in the midst of it all it was good to reconnect with her- I just wish that we would have had more time to hang out..

As we're preparing to head back home my biggest concern at this point is employment issues, particularly for Chechu. True to form, more issues with his teaching contract have come up and despite having advised his superiors of some mistakes that he caught in his contract nearly a month ago, nothing has been done about it. This has resulted in no paycheck this month which is obviously extremely worrysome. I just hate how everything is such a struggle.

3 comments:

Nona said...

Dearest Marianna,

I'm glad you got a chance to see your sister and her new husband and spend time with them. Going 'home' is a very complex experience for me, so I'm not surprised to hear it is for you as well.

I'm so sorry to hear about Chechu's employment issues, especially as I know they are coming on top of your own concerns. You must be so worried.

Life is such a rollercoaster. Up and down and up and down and when you are on the downward bit, it feels like it will last forever ... but it doesn't. Nothing does. Things will move upward eventually, but until they do you have to take your comfort from the love and support you have in your life, and muster as much faith and optimism as you can from day to day. Hope attracts good things and I wish you lots and lots of good things for 2009!!!

{{{Hugs}}}

InWeighOverMyHead said...

What has been going on in your life over the past year?

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Diana Swallow said...

You just popped into my mind and I thought I'd stop over here and catch up, you haven't blogged in so long, I hope all is well in your world.