Tuesday, December 2, 2008

One step at a time

Slowly but surely I feel like I'm getting myself back on track and that to me is exciting.

I officially quit my job last Friday, and with all the hustle and bustle we had over the weekend with our Thanksgiving party and church activities,

there wasn't much time for the reality to sink in that as of Monday I would no longer be going back to that dinky, cigarette smoke-filled, toxic environment of an office to spend 10 hours of my day. For the first time in I don't know how long, I woke up on Monday morning without an ounce of anxiety or stress.

I have unofficially been hired at the language academy that I mentioned in my previous post in Roquetas (my contract will begin in January after the holidays) and over the course of the next few weeks leading up to Christmas break I'll be transitioning myself in as the new teacher for various classes. It's part-time work during the afternoons between Monday and Thursday, and I'm continuing to look for another job to complete the morning shift. My prayer is that this situation will be completely worked out before we leave for the States and I know that God is able and will do it!

This afternoon I have my first session of classes at the academy from 4-9 or so. I'm looking forward to meeting the students!

0 comments: