Thursday, April 19, 2007

Day One

I decided to wait until the end of the day to write my first entry. Usually whenever I start new journals based on a fresh start with the diet (note how many "fresh starts" there have been over the years), I tend to write at the start of the day instead of waiting until it's practically over. Today, I decided to wait until I was just about ready to go to bed before begining this blog, and I'm glad that I did. Marissa and I decided to start out with a bang this week, and begin this new journey with detox. With the exception of a cup of Chai tea (which doesn't count anyway) I haven't eaten anything today and, to my surprise, I'm still a functioning human being. I know this is somewhat of a drastic measure, but with how things have been going the past couple of weeks, both Riss and I felt like we needed an extra push to get us back on track. And this has been that push.

Tomorrow we're going to the grocery store to stock up on food for the next couple weeks or so. I really want to focus on counting my calories and consuming around 1400 calories per day. For this week my goal is to work out at the gym for 30 minutes a day, every day. I think with an initial week like that, I'll be well on my way. I haven't even been on the scale to weigh myself for fear of being depressed into deviating even further from the path that I should be on. Maybe next week sometime I'll weigh myself again. For the past couple of months I've been at around 220 with no fluctuation. So I'm praying that this new focus will snap me out of this plateau and allow me to move forward.

The wedding is in approximately six months. SIX MONTHS. I am so thrilled about getting married, and my excitement totally overshadows any superficial desire to look like a princess on my wedding day. The most important thing is the life-long committment that Chechu and I will be making to each other on that day, before God, our families and our friends.
Nevertheless, I don't feel like looking my best is too much to expect froom myself. I know that if I can be disciplined enough to voluntarily keep my mouth shut today, then I can be consistent with this and come out on the winning side.

0 comments: