Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Last week of classes

So here it begins...
The semester is finally winding down. It's hard to believe that the past two years that I've spent here in Monterey, California have come down to this-- the final stretch of a long, arduous journey. This is our last week of classes, and I actually do have one final exam this week in my Simul>Spanish class. I feel like I'm trying to conserve strength at this point, to be able to remain focused during these last couple weeks. Studying for translation and interpretation exams can be so abstract, and it's difficult at times to pinpoint what areas or topics deserve the most attention at any given moment. Nonetheless, I feel confident going into these last couple of weeks. I know that God brought me here to bring me out victorious, and I am anxious to finally walk across that stage on May 12 and receive my degree. Amid all the chaos and nerve-wracking study schedules and exams, these are exciting times. And they are moments that I will look back on and smile, remembering God's faithfulness.

Chechu will be here in approximately two weeks. Two weeks, which at this point feel like an eternity. I am so excited to see him, and to have this period of separation finally come to an end. I miss him so much, and I'm so ready for this distance between us to be eliminated once and for all.

0 comments: