Monday, August 4, 2008

The more things change...

The boss is on vacation this week and, true to form, now that the cat is away the mice may as well have rolled out the red carpet for the start of the Olympics. All the drama that went on last week with Christina has taken an unsurprising twist, considering that a day and a half after the boss got to the point of threatening to take her to court for breaching her employment contract he called and asked her to come back to work. Finding someone else more responsible and having to take the time to show him/her the ropes was just too much to ask I guess. So since last Wednesday she's been back and she still gets to take next week off for vacation. Seriously??

In my case the word "vacation" has me wishing that this entire summer would just get the hell overwith already. Everyone around me is getting time off left and right- and I'm still stuck here in this BS job with my BS schedule, surrounded by all these crazy people. And it's like 1000º outside to make matters worse. I seriously hate being tied down to all this. I didn't feel this burned out in grad school. Unfortunately, however, I can't grant myself the luxury of just quitting all together because I can't afford it. So until something better comes along I have no choice other than to grin and bear it.

2 comments:

Alli said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with all the work drama. That is the worst. I mean you spend the bulk of your time at work when you are a full tiem worker adn to have to deal with drama for that much of your life its too much to take. I hope something opens up for you soon. Until then I know the Lord can give you strength to deal with that... maybe he is trying to strengthen you for a higher purpose.

Nona said...

It all sounds sooooooooo awwwwwfulllllll. How do you bare it???? Just don't eat over it, okay? Are you still exercising? I'm sorry things are so miserable for you are work.

(((Hugs)))