Saturday, August 9, 2008

Random thoughts at 12:25AM:

1). Stupid arguments with spouse suck, especially at the start of a much-anticipated weekend.

2). Biting your tongue so as not to exacerbate said argument equally sucks. Especially when you want to verbally let spouse have it for being an insensetive $%#TWFS@@#$@.

3). Pool is awesome. BUT being beaten TWICE at pool with spouse after said argument adds hot, flaming fuel to the consuming fire that is my mood right now. Yes, I am a sore loser.

The only positive in this situation? I didn't allow my irritation to propel me into emotional eating. In fact, I turned down several of spouse's invitations to go out for ice cream after playing pool.

I don't know. I'm frustrated myself for being so angry over something so stupid. For the most part I consider myself to be pretty patient and slow to anger. However, I'm also slow to get over my anger. I replay arguments in my head thinking of what I should have said in the moment when I could have and didn't. I guess that's bad, right? I don't know.. What I do know is that I can't let this argument affect my mood for the entire weekend. It's totally not worth it, especially since Monday will be here before I even realize it. Hopefully after getting some rest tonight I'll wake up over everything.

2 comments:

Nona said...

LOL!!! You are the sweetness!!! I identify so much with this post I had to laugh, even though you are clearly not trying to make me laugh.

I guess I just know this place very well but you are a step ahead of me because my little girl self can draaaaaawwwww out a bad mood like you would not believe.

(((Hugs))) The sun will come out tomorrow :)

Alli said...

UGh... arguments are the worst. I bet you fill feel better in the morning for sure. Sometimes sleep is the cure all.