Friday, August 8, 2008

Work it out

I'm thrilled to post that I've finally broken through my exercise plateau!

Last night after work I finally dusted off my exercise dvds and got in a 45-minute workout. It was amazing to get through the video and I actually had fun doing it, rather than just wishing it was overwith already. I think that's one of the keys (at least for me) to finally start enjoying exercise. It's always seemed like a chore rather than quality time that I spend taking care of myself, and I know that in changing my mindset that will obviously help me to make exercise a part of my daily routine.

This morning I also started my day off with another workout, so I'm excited to have two sessions under my belt thus far. My goal is to get in 45 minutes of exercise every day for the next three weeks

3 comments:

Alli said...

That is awesome! You are going to feel so great after those three weeks girl!

MaryFran said...

Wooo hooo! And you are creating the 'habit' of exercise! Way to go!

Keep up the great work!

Nona said...

Yippeeee!!! Well done!!! I am not loving my exercise routine but it does make me feel better about myself.

I do it first thing in the morning because that is the best uninterrupted time for me and it helps to set the tone for my day.

When I am doing my morning routine, I'll think of you sweating away in Spain. That will help me to keep going on those days I don't want to.