Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer has definitely arrived here in Almería. As of lately, temperatures have soared well into the upper 80s and more and more people have begun to flock to the beaches here along the coast. I’m definitely ready to have some time off to enjoy the summer season myself. After practically a year of working here at this company, I’m ready for a break.

My feelings about my job continue to sink. I’m not as wishy-washy about it as I was this time a month or two ago, wondering whether or not I should stick it out and just accept the bad with the not-so-bad. At this point I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that whenever the opportunity to move onto a better job presents itself I will be out the door- the key word of course in that sentence being when. To say that I’m bored with what I do is a huge understatement. I miss being able to come into work each day knowing what specific functions are mine to perform. Here everything is touch and go, constantly changing from one day to the next. The position for which I was hired this time last year has absolutely nothing to do with my actual job functions, and that feels really disappointing. I want to be using the skills that I’ve studied (and spent a crapload of money on) to perfect. Nevertheless, at this point I’ve got some pretty significant financial responsibilities hanging over my head that I have to meet on a monthly basis, and that of course keeps me from the frivolous job-switching mindset that I had when I was a teenager. Apart from all that, I’m thankful to even have work, considering that there are plenty of families struggling with unemployment and trying to make the same ends meet each month.

1 comments:

Alli said...

Hey chica I tagged ya on my blog!