Thursday, July 10, 2008

Finally a breather

This morning at the office is actually going by very smoothly. The past few days have been long and intense, and thankfully the light at the end of the tunnel is beginning to shine through. I can finally see my weekend blank canvas coming into view!

I'm feeling really good this morning. I spoke briefly with my MIL before leaving the house, which was really nice. She's been concerned about me spending these four days by myself, and she's called me every day to check on me and make sure I'm all right. What a sweetheart. :) I definitely feel very blessed to get along so well with my husband's family and to really feel like I belong with them. Lord knows there are plenty of insufferable inlaws out there.

Chechu gets home in less than two hours!! Yay!!

In other unrelated news, I've been feeling some baby pressure as of late. Everyone, and I mean everyone from our church is constantly asking about when we're going to start having kids. To a certain degree I don't mind the questions because, frankly, we'll have children when God decides to give them to us. But it can get somewhat tiresome when the baby questions come up in every conversation. As of lately there have been a lot of newlywed couples who've gotten pregnant and apparently my BIL's wife and I are the ones everyone is looking to next. I definitely want to have children, but right now my focus is on getting healthy for me so that I can be a healthy mom to our children when that time comes.

Anyone else out there thinking of starting a family soon?

3 comments:

Fairy Princess said...

I want to sooo much but I have to focus on getting myself healthy first. I will say the hubby and I are getting all the same pressures that you are getting.

Marissa said...

People are already asking JC and me when we're going to start having kids. Necesitan algo para entretenerse, dicen...

Dang, I could really go for a frappuccino.

MaryFran said...

I flat out tell people that I'm trying to make myself healthy and learn healthy habits so that I can have a successful and healthy pregnancy and child. AND so that I can pass along those healthy habits to my child. And then I end by saying, God must agree as he is the one that is really in control of that situation. It has effectively stopped almost all of the questions!