Saturday, July 19, 2008

Winds of change..

Part One: The Truth

As I've alluded to in previous posts, I've been ignoring practically everything diet-related for the past, oh, two months or so give or take the few days that I managed to work out and stay on track while my husband was away on business. I've avoided the scale at all costs because, frankly, I've been too scared to come face to face with reality. Instead, I've been eating what I want when I want and not bothering to do any form of exercise. This has got to stop. I definitely feel as though I've come to a crossroad in this journey and as of today, July 19th at 8:45PM, I'm making the commitment to get back on track. Period.

222.6. (+5lbs since last official weigh in)

According to my scale, that is what I weigh at this very moment. After mustering up the courage to finally step on, I must say that I'm pleasantly surprised to see such a "low" number considering all the crap I've been eating lately, including today. I haven't been taking care of me, and I am putting an end to this carelessness effective immediately. I'm determined to win this battle.

Part Two: The Purpose
I hate being fat. I hate constantly comparing myself to other women and being painfully aware that within my circle of friends I'm the only one with a weight problem. For as easy as it is to remind others of the contrary, I hate the constant struggle of feeling like my weight is what determines my self-worth. I hate all the undue stress (physical and mental) that being overweight is causing me. I want to be free from all of this, and ironically enough, that is a decision that starts with me.

4 comments:

Fairy Princess said...

We are all here for support lady! :) 5lbs is only 5lbs. That weight will drop off once you start getting your water in you and chowing on some veggies.

Way to get back on track honey!

Alli said...

Hey 5 lbs is definitely a managable gain. I mean really probably a good 3 lbs of that is water weight you will get rid of right away.
The most important thing is that you are still concious of your weight. Its not like you threw in the towel. Everyone needs a break phase every now and then to regroup... now you are recharged and you will have renewed commitment!
We are here for ya!

MaryFran said...

Your post is a huge step toward fixing the problem and losing! Congratulations for gathering your courage and facing those scales! You are worth it...and you can do it!

Nona said...

I loved this post Marianna, because I could have written it. I am exactly where you are. I HATE facing the scale, I HATE being stuck in a fat body and I HATE being the fat one in whatever group. Being fat does undermine my self esteem and I am so frustrated that it is taking me so long to address this issue. I am with you in turning over a new leaf. We have to do this for our mental and physical health. I've been slipping with the blogging as well and I find that does help to keep me on track when I do it so I'm recommitting to blogging and checking in more often. Keep pressing on! (((Hugs)))