Friday, March 14, 2008

It's the weekend!!

Random thoughts at 10:22am on this gorgeous morning:

  1. I'm so glad it's Friday. This week has gone by fast, but nonetheless it has been a bit tiresome, both physically and emotionally. On Monday I managed to roll into a funk- just feeling frustrated and irritated about everything- mainly things with work and the lack of results displayed on the scale. As I was coming out of my mood around Wednesday, Riss informed me that she had been diagnosed with tonsilitis. This came almost immediately after a bout with pnuemonia (a mild case, thank God), so that obviously perked up everyone's concern including her doctor, who did a blood test on her to check on her immune system. As of yet the results still haven't come back. While we all know that she's perfectly fine, there's still a twinge of anxiety in waiting for the doctor to confirm that. I spoke with her yesterday and she said she felt a lot better after having taken the antibiotics that the doctor prescribed for her. Surely by tomorrow she'll be feeling back to normal.
  2. Marissa's wedding!! It's my twin sister's turn to get married! I can't even believe I'm writing that. Chechu and I got married on October 20th of last year, and then we celebrated another wedding with my family on December 22nd. Marissa's wedding is set for December 20th of this year, just about nine months from now. I'm really excited for her and Carlos and I know that the two of them are going to have a wonderful life together. Now I get to start thinking about my matron-of-honor dress. I definitely want to be at my goal weight of 145-150 by the wedding, and I'm looking forward to trying on dresses over the summer.
  3. It's hot outside. Speaking of summer, it's right around the corner! It's really warm this morning, making me think of those wonderfully hot, lazy beach-bum days that I will be spending with my husband in just a few short months! I don't foresee a bikini just yet (although I don't know if I'd ever feel comfortable going to the beach in a bikini), but I will definitely be looking better in the new beachwear that I intend to buy for myself!
  4. RETREAT! This evening we will be heading to Almuñécar for the annual women's retreat, and I'm really excited about it. I have a feeling that we'll be receiving A LOT from the Lord there, and I'm anxious to take it all in. Since we'll be staying at a hotel, I've been debating on taking my laptop with me. I guess I'll make up my mind at some point before we leave. I do intend to take lots of pictures!
  5. Met my exercise goals for the week!! I worked out consistently Mon-Thurs of this week. This morning I had planned to exercise too, but Chechu needed to take the laptop to school with him. I thought about working out this afternoon after lunch, but I don't think that'd be very realistic, seeing that I still have to pack, straighten my hair, and spend time with Chechu since he'll be staying home for the afternoon. I found my mp3 player this morning (YAY!) so I'll be taking that with me on the retreat. I'm sure the weather will be gorgeous in Almuñécar this weekend, so I'm looking forward to getting out and walking.
  6. Pre-weekend weigh-in. I got on the scale this morning and I'm currently at 221.6, which I'm pretty excited about. I'm even more excited about the fact that I feel motivated going into the retreat weekend. I WILL take on the buffet and WIN! This coming Monday is WI for me, and I want to see the numbers continue to go down.
  7. Looking forward to next week. Next week is Semana Santa, or Holy Week, as it leads up to Easter Sunday. Easter is probably my favorite holiday, as it celebrates the inconceivably immense love that Jesus has for all of us. He took our place on the cross at Calvary, conquering sin and death and reconciling us back to the Father. Through Christ we have the gift of salvation and eternal life!

I'm not sure if I'll have time (or the resources) to post this weekend. I'll definitely be back on Monday though with all the stuff I learned on the retreat!

2 comments:

Fairy Princess said...

Girl have a great time this weekend! I am sure you will be beautiful in what ever dress you find as matron of honor!

Chercheur said...

Welcome to the Healthy You Challenge! It's great to have you! It's such a great group of people and a wonderful source of motivation and inspiration. :-)

How challenging to move so far away from home! I'll bet it's beautiful though. Congratulations for making time to care for you, while you're changing so many other things as well!

I look forward to reading more about you.

Valerie