Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Today's WI: 223.0 (-0.8)

Last night after work I did go home to a hot, soothing cup of tea, with every intention not to eat anything else for the rest of the evening. Nevertheless, Chechu got home late from his leader's bible study and I ended up having a bowl of cornflakes and bananas with him before bed. Not too bad considering that I lost .8 pounds, but it still irks me that I can't seem to stay away from the kitchen at night.

Work is somewhat slow-going today since it's the last day before the long weekend. This afternoon Rocío and I have our GOE and then later tonight I have bible study after work. Tomorrow we'll be heading to Almuñécar for the day to hang out with Curro and Mª Ángeles. Chechu is already talking about stopping for churros con chocolate tomorrow morning for breakfast on our way there. AAHH! I must maintain control, and I'm confident that I will. Last weekend at the retreat I definitely went overboard. I had my indulgences for the month, and I don't intend to repeat the experience.
We may be in Granada on Friday all day as well since our church has planned several evangelistic activities there. It'll certainly be exciting to go and participate, but it very possibly may mean another day of eating out.

I've still got this nagging back pain that doesn't seem to go away. I'm going to see if I can pick up a hot water bottle this afternoon and hopefully that will help.

2 comments:

Alli said...

Hey! Thank you for the nice post you left on my blog. That is so awesome you live in Spain- what kind of work do you do there? I love the name of your Blog it reminds me of this really pretty song I heard a long time ago I think it was by Christian Singer Crystal Lewis.
I look forward to reading more of your blog!!! Keep up the good work!
-Alli

briy said...

Nighttime is my worst time for snacking too! It's such a struggle! At work there's usually no food around that I want to pig out on, and thankfully no vending machines, so I'm usually safe. I've been doing my best to keep busy at night, which is the only way to keep myself from snacking, but it's such a struggle. The worst part is, I always know I'm not really hungry. I usually eat a decent-sized dinner. And nighttime is the worst time physiologically for snacking, because I can just imagine whatever I'm eating turning into body fat while I'm sleeping.

Grr! You're not alone. And congratulations on the -0.8 loss. My loss this week was 0.9, so I know how frustrating THAT is. :)