Sunday, September 7, 2008

I think I've got it back

I did work out early Friday morning after posting my last entry and did it ever feel great. There's just something about starting the day off with exercise that makes you feel like you've already accomplished something important even before walking out the door in the morning- or at least that's how my Friday went, in spite of the hassles at work that I face on a daily basis.


On Saturday we relaxed pretty much all morning and afternoon until it was time to get ready for the the wedding-- Chechu's uncle and his long-time girlfriend got married. In spite of my intense cardio workout before getting dressed for the wedding, I wasn't able to escape the fact that I ended up making a big mistake in putting on a babydoll dress-style top that tied in the back to go with my black dress pants and sandals-- not flattering at all.


Towards the end of the reception the bride's father went around passing cigars to everyone, and when he got to me he immediately remarked on how I couldn't smoke, and that of course left everyone sitting at our table looking at Chechu and me sideways, as if we decided to hide something as big as a pregnancy. No pun intended... Needless to say I was highly embarrassed and angry that he could make such a comment although, in all honesty, I don't believe he deliberately intended to hurt my feelings.
In spite of all that however, I really feel like I'm getting my motivation back to get moving with my weight loss. I've hemmed and hawed with this for long enough and it finally feels like things have come full circle. I'm particularly getting back into my exercise habit, which I'm thrilled about. I know it'll take some time to fully build up my routine again, but I'm going to stick with it nonetheless. I feel good about this coming week and all that is in store!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Oh, the dreaded pregnancy comment! I hate those! I have sworn off more than one shirt simply because it made someone think that I was pregnant, when all I really had was a large stomach roll. :)
You look beautiful in that picture, by the way.

Alli said...

Damn those babydoll tops. You do look stunning in that picture. Some people just dont think before they say stuff you know? I know even when there is someone OBVIOUSLY preggers I dont say one word until they mention it to me.
I am so sorry that happend.

Nona said...

Well I think you look FAB ... and your hubbie is such a hottie ;p