Friday, September 5, 2008

I had a splitting headache last night after getting in from work, and for the first time in I don't know how long I went to bed at 9pm. It's now just after 5 in the morning and I'm wide awake, so I figured I'd take some uninterrupted time to blog.

The past couple of weeks have been crazy-this week in particular, and all of the extra stress has wreaked havoc on my intentions to get back on track. I haven't fallen completely off the wagon, but I haven't made any extra special efforts to decisively get back on either.
My downfalls continue to be the same-- no exercise, lack of planning and zero accountability.

My immediate short-term goal is to make tomorrow a productive day- not to let my job and all of the stress it entails consume me, and to make my health a priority. That is, after all, why I'm doing this.

***
So my accountability starts now. This was me today:
  • No breakfast, V8 for lunch
  • Dinner (8:30pm) Porkloin/cheese sandwich, 1 cup veggie lasagna
  • Snack (4:30am) 2 slices of bread with paté spread, 1 can 7Up
  • Exercise: walking home from work (10 minutes)

My health-related goals to make tomorrow a fantastic Friday

1). Exercise for 45 minutes after writing this entry

2) Stick to my meal plan for the day:

  • Breakfast: Egg whites, V8, coffee w/ skim milk no sugar
  • Lunch: Chicken breast fillets, sautéed vegetables, large green salad
  • Dinner: 1 small can of tuna (drain the oil and rinse), LF white cheese, yogurt

I realize that getting back on track is taking things one day at a time and staying committed. It's about not being afraid to change and being willing to put my health and well-being as a top priority. I am worth it.

1 comments:

Alli said...

YOu are worth it!!! I am so glad you are back blogging. Hang in there girl the first few days are teh hardest.