Monday, September 17, 2007

Determined

Over the past couple of days the reality has set in that I really have to take charge of my health. I've reached such a low point and it's definitely scared me straight. All of these years I've blown off all the advice and other warning signs that have come my way, allowing myself to reach my highest weight ever last year, and continuing to eat all of the bad stuff that I possibly could. Instead of joining Marissa in her plan to eat healthier, I totally ignored all of the information that she tried to share with me, convinced that I wasn't going to give up meat and other animal-based food products because, plain and simply, I didn't feel like it.

Well, well, well.. Now that my cholesterol is up to 302, I've become a prime candidate for a whole slew of health emergencies and problems, including heart attack and stroke. Quite a sobering reality, let me tell you. It's terribly unfortunate that for as young as I am, I now have to worry about maintaining a restricted diet in order to lower my cholesterol.

While I'm thankful that this was caught in time, I can't help but be frustrated with myself for being so careless with my health. The worst thing of all is to know that I did this to me, no one else. Nevertheless, I am determined to right this wrong and move on to lead a healthy life. Not just for me, but for Chechu and our future family as well.

Of course, as a byproduct of eating healthy and exercising, this excess weight will come off as well.

0 comments: