Thursday, September 13, 2007

Diet woes

I was pretty excited earlier this week when I weighed myself at the pharmacy to learn that I'd come down seven pounds since the last time I got on the scale in August. This week I've been a lot more diligent about working out and watching my caloric intake, and I'm hoping that it will pay off in the end. I think that the most stressful aspect of this whole wedding has been my weight and whether or not my dress will fit me when I have to try it on again at the beginning of October.

After weighing myself on Monday, I set goals for myself between now and Gema's wedding and of course by October 1 when I have my fitting with Paqui. I set a pretty high goal for myself this week, to lose five pounds between now and the weekend, placing me at 204. That way, by Gema's wedding I can lose an additional five pounds, placing me at 199. The wedding is on the 22nd, and my fitting, ideally, would be the following week. For the fitting, I'd like to be at most 195 pounds. By then, FOR SURE, the dress will fit.

Between now and then, I really have no room for error. Losing weight is going to have to become my central focus. If it means losing sleep in order to make goal, then so be it.
Lately I've been doing well during the day, but my biggest battle is still at night when hunger sets in. If I have to wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom I almost always go to the kitchen. I'm really going to have to pray about that so I can stop it, because I feel like with that weakness I'm sabotaging all of my efforts.

I have to stay focused on this.

0 comments: