Thursday, September 27, 2007

Last night after coming back from church, Charo mentioned to me that she had spoken with Paqui, who had asked her about when we could schedule a fitting for the dress. Up until that moment I was starving after having last eaten a measley yogurt at around 6:30pm. But once the conversation topic turned to the dress, my heart wanted to drop into my stomach and, needless to say, whatever hunger I felt prior to that moment completely dissolved.

We ended up arranging the fateful fitting for this Friday evening, o sea, tomorrow.

After Chechu left for the night, it occurred to me to try the dress on again. And low and behold, to my complete horror, it still does not fit. Barring a genuine miracle from God between today and tomorrow, the dress is going to have to be altered and there's absolutely nothing that I can do about it. I believe in the power of prayer and miracles, and that's pretty much all that I have to go on at this point. Otherwise I'll be left to stand in shame yet again, with my tail between my legs, having to ask Paqui to fix something that I wasn't woman enough to fix on my own.

I don't know that I've ever felt this low and discouraged.

Nevertheless, you would think that such a minute detail like this would be the least of my worries. For as unfortunate as it is, there are plenty of women who look like real-life princesses on their wedding day- a perfect size 6, a dress to rival all dresses ever made, stunning hair and make-up.. Yet their marriages aren't solid and lack the most crucial element of all-- true love. In my case, in exactly twenty-three days I'll be marrying my soul mate, my best friend, the man who God himself created just for me. He loves and cares for me beyond words- his actions show it every minute.

In spite of the hellish nightmare that has surrounded this dress, I have to put things in perspective. The world will not cease to exist because of an alteration that had to be made. Thankfully there is a solution to this whole issue, for as much as I hate the fact that it has to be brought in.

0 comments: