Thursday, September 20, 2007

En paz me acostaré...


... y así mismo dormiré, porque sólo tú me haces vivir confiado...


I'm proclaiming that Psalm over my own life, in spite of the restless spells that come and go from time to time. This has been yet another emotional roller coaster of a week. Between the cholesterol scare, starting the birth control pills, Chechu's contract and your everyday mood swings, I feel pretty worn out emotionally.


At least the diet is going halfway decent. This whole week I've really been on my toes about watching what I eat and making sure that I exercise frequently. Surely at this rate everything will be fine by the time the wedding comes around. I'm not sure if I'll even worry about putting myself through the stress of trying the dress on with Paqui at the beginning of the month because, quite frankly, I don't want her to touch it. This battle is going to be won without a single thread on that dress being cut or altered.

This afternoon, rather than working out during my break I was so tired that I ended up taking a nap. Tonight there'll be a rehearsal at the church here in Aguadulce, and considering the hour that we'll get back to the house (surely close to midnight) it'll be a slight struggle to get my exercise in this evening. If I don't do it, it won't mark the end of the world but it would of course be ideal for me to suck it up and exercise for forty-five minutes.


Riss sent me the Fatfree Vegan Kitchen website that she practically swore by during our last year at Monterey, and I'm anxious to get started working on the recipes in my own kitchen. It's finally sunk in this week how crucial it is for me to get this area of my life together. I want to lead a full and healthy life, enjoying my husband, family and friends without having to worry about taking all kinds of heart, cholesterol and God-knows-what other types of medications by the time I'm 60.


Today marks one month before the wedding, and I think the nerves are starting to set in for both Chechu and me. He still has to go with his mom to pick out his suit, and we're supposed to be going to get our wedding rings by the beginning of next month at the latest. The honeymoon trip is still up in the air in terms of where we'll be going, but most likely it'll be someplace local, which is honestly fine by me. Considering that we have to put out additional expenses for travelling to Pittsburgh in December, there's definitely a limit on what we can do for the honeymoon. Wherever we go, I know that we'll have a great time. I'm definitely looking forward to spending a carefree week with Chechu and disconnecting from everyone and everything here.
All in all I think that once we're settled in our own place a lot of these stresses will be eliminated.


0 comments: