Friday, September 7, 2007

Trying to see the big picture...

... instead of getting caught up in the minute details. Although it gets difficult from time to time.

It's been a trying day already, and it's only 11am. I'm here at the office, in the midst of a huge festival that's going on here in the neighborhood. There's marching bands, firecrackers going off, people everywhere and I can barely hear myself think. Even though it's Friday, I have a feeling that it's going to be a long day.

Yesterday I got bit by the wedding planner bug, and started to get really into organizing the different things that we'll need for our wedding- first here in Almeria and then in Pittsburgh in December. Even though I'm really excited about everything that is to come, there are days (like today) when I just wish that I could blink my eyes and have it be December 23rd. At the outset, I said that I wasn't going to allow myself to get nervous, but more and more I'm seeing that fly out the window.

I was going to go into all of the reasons why I feel stressed out right now, but that's not going to make me feel any better. I'll write more when I feel less anxious.

0 comments: