Sunday, February 10, 2008

223 lbs...


I gave into my weekend-long craving this evening after coming back home from our women's meeting. While I recognize that consuming an entire pint of B&J's ice cream is not in my best interest for weight loss, I don't feel that bad about it. In fact, it was everything I hoped for in fulfilling a craving. What I do feel bad about, however, is that I hid the remnants in the trash with no plans to tell Chechu about it. Since we share everything though, I'm sure it'll be one of our discussion points tonight before bed anyway...
This weekend has been kind of weird. Without rehashing too many details, on Friday evening at work there were some unforturnate things that happened involving two men who came bursting in the office looking for Avelino because he apparently owed them money. I had the misfortune of being in the office by myself at the time and things got pretty out of hand. Thankfully nothing serious happened, but it was quite unnerving nonetheless. On Saturday Chechu and I were irritated on and off all day, and today everything came pretty much full-circle... Enough to need a vacation from the weekend, I'll say.
On Saturday we went to Dorothy Perkins and I got a new suit and several blouses and sweaters. I definitely needed the clothes though because my wardrobe has grown quite bare. I've always maintained the mindset that I don't want to spend too much money on a "fat" wardrobe because I wouldn't be needing it for that long. I've come to realize, however, that I need to learn to be happy with how I look where I am and take pride in my appearance regardless of what I weigh. I certainly don't intend to use these clothes forever, but I do want to care about how I look.
For a reality check we also bought a scale on Saturday. I put on more weight than I thought I did-- all 23 pounds since the wedding. As of this morning I weighed 223, quite an embarrassment after putting in so much hard work to fit into my dress. So after that brush with reality for us both, Chechu and I went to Angelo's in El Ejido for what will be the last time in a long while, as we'll be trading in our burgers and fries for steamed vegetables and poached meat. I'll be dedicating these next entries to this weight loss journey to document it all.

0 comments: