Monday, February 18, 2008

Weekend review

I was glad to finally see last week come to a close. After so many emotional ups and downs, aside from being a bit under the weather I ended up feeling quite exhausted. Chechu is finally over being sick last week, and I'm feeling better as well.

On Saturday we slept practically the entire day. Since both of us were still not feeling 100% that morning we cancelled our morning classes and ended up staying in the bed until after 2 in the afternoon. How wonderful it is to be able to sleep in until you feel like getting up again. Instead of cooking we ordered take-out and had lunch watching Lady and the Tramp. Our initial afternoon plans were to go to an art exhibit and then for coffee and a movie, but we ended up taking a nap until after 6. We didn't make the art exhibit but we did manage to get to the movies to see "The Oxford Crimes." I thought it was well worth the trip, and definitely a movie I wouldn't mind seeing again.

In contrast to Saturday, yesterday was non-stop. We had to be in Almeria early to load the sound equipment and transport it to the hotel to be set up for the morning service. After church we went back home for lunch and then headed back out to go to Granada. I was anxious to go because I hadn't ever heard Pastor Guillermo speak before. During the service, however, several other English speakers and I ended up interpreting for a group of short-term missions workers from Denmark. Three hours of simul. After nearly a year of barely interpreting at all, I felt happy that I was at least able to last for so long. Whether or not it was all 100% coherent-- at least towards the end, is another story! Nevertheless, I was thrilled to have the opportunity to do it and I hope to have more regular opportunities to interpret.

As of this morning, I feel tired. I was barely able to drag myself out of the bed by 9:30, giving myself just twenty minutes to get ready to leave for work. Despite cleaning on Friday, the house is now in a state of utter disarray, and I have to make lunch after I leave from here since I didn't have the chance to cook beforehand. I would say that I won't take my afternoon nap today in order to catch up on some housework, but the way I feel right now, I could literally just fall in the bed.

In terms of the diet, things are continuing on. I weighed myself on Saturday and came down .4 pounds to a solid 219. My goal between now and the first of March is to get down to a solid 210. With regular exercise and watching my calorie intake I know that this is something I can achieve.

0 comments: