Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Rain, rain go away...



I miss my husband this morning, and I'm excited that we'll be seeing each other at home for lunch in just about two hours. He really is an amazing man and I love just being around him. Days like today are perfect for hanging out at home, watching movies and cuddling up. But, alas, adult responsibilities call and here we both are at our respective jobs.
This weekend we've made plans to visit Cuevas de Almanzora, which I'm excited about. On the way up to Granada last Sunday we made a huge list of all the places we want to visit- here in Spain and other countries as well. I'm so glad that both of us are passionate about traveling!

I got on the scale this morning and was not happy with the reading. I'm back up to 221.2 lbs. I'm sure that's due to my not-so-great late night eating habits and my lack of exercise. I feel really disappointed about that, but there's no way I'm giving up. I realize that weight loss can be an uphill battle at times, but I know what I have to do and I'm convinced that little by little, I will get there.

My initial short-term goal is to get down to 210 by the first of March. At this point that's 11 pounds away in 10 days. That's quite a tall order, but even if it takes me until the second week of the month to achieve, I will. This is my plan:

  1. I have to exercise in the mornings. I will get up with Chechu every morning to work out. He leaves by 8:30am, so I will exercise between 8:30-9:15am, working out with Turbo Jam or TaeBo.
  2. I will make time for breakfast in the morning. We're into cereal for breakfast and dinner, so I will stick with that. The challenge, however, will be laying off the sugar with the cornflakes..
  3. I will not eat after 7pm. This is extremely hard living in Spain. Dinnertime here is between 10-12am, which is certainly not a good idea for weight loss in my opinion. This is probably where I struggle the most (aside from exercise) because it's so tempting to come home from work and eat. My goal, however is to have a light snack be my last meal at around 7-7:30pm. Yogurt, granola, a sandwich of some sort..
  4. I will log my daily food intake. Blogging somehow manages to keep me honest, so I'll be sticking with that.

I'm certain that between now and the first week in March I'll be able to reach this goal. And then it'll be onto the next...

1 comments:

Angelia said...

your pictures are very nice - the two of you look so happy! Turbo Jam is great- I love this and Tae Bo! I wish you luck with your goals! YOU CAN DO IT!