Monday, February 4, 2008

February already





It's hard to believe that January has come and gone, and we're already approaching the second week in February! Last Thursday we celebrated Chechu's 29th birthday, which was a lot of fun. We enjoyed breakfast together before work, a lunch favorite and birthday cake and a surprise party at the end of the day. While I'm sure that he knew we had all planned a party for him, he was still surprised all the same and had a great time with everyone. Amazingly enough this was the first time that we've been able to celebrate his birthday together, so the whole experience was doubly special for me as well.
I have a feeling that this month is going to fly by even faster than January, with all of the activities we have going on. Work has actually picked up-- way up over the past several weeks, and there may be an impending trip to NYC with Avelino as of next week. Initially he asked me if I would be able to accompany him and, obviously not being able to say no, I agreed. However, for as certain as Alberto is about being in New York next week, things are very much up in the air here in terms of making plans for a trip. I'd like to take that as a sign of my not having to travel, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. Ultimately however, I do want to see that this operation goes through- not just for monetary reasons but also to be able to see what was once a fledgling idea at the outset finally come into being. Lately I've been contemplating the idea of looking for another job once this operation goes through, but I don't feel entirely at peace with that right now. I am comfortable where I am and the money is good. I have a great boss who is very flexible, and since I'm so close to the house I easily able to take care of my home-worker responsibilites. So, until God opens the door elsewhere, I think I'll be here for a while.



0 comments: