Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mis sentimientos a la Tenille

It's been a bit of a long day thus far and it's not over yet. This morning I was practically falling asleep at my desk, and despite an hour-long nap that I took at home after lunch I still feel pretty groggy.

I met with Rocío this afternoon for our weekly GOE meeting (Grupo de Oración y Evangelismo--prayer and evangelism group) and as in weeks past, the women who had agreed to come to the meeting cancelled at the last minute. It's crazy how the devil constantly tries to attack our thoughts and come against us with all kinds of arguments. I was asked to participate in this GOE (our church leads several) at the end of January and I really want to see it blossom. I recognize that I also have to put forth a serious effort on my end as well. There are several young women whom I've met since I've been here that I've been neglecting to call and I really need to get back on track with that. I really want God to use me here and I don't want to waste anyone's time or worst of all just go through the motions. There are so many people out there who need to hear the Good News and know that there is hope for their future in Jesus Christ. I need to get my prayer life and Bible reading back in order. Rocío is obviously doing her part in this, and if the two of us are going to be working together then I totally need to do the same.

I'm back to feeling somewhat disillusioned with this job. I recognize that there's no perfect one out there, but on days like these when I've got absolutely nothing to do but twiddle my thumbs and wait for work to come through, I get a little frustrated. Granted, I'm thankful that I don't have work and deadlines hanging all over me like some stressed out professionals do, but on the other I feel like I'm just sitting on all the training that I've received. Nevertheless, I trust in God. I know that when it's His time for me to move onto something else then I will. For as frustrated as I get at times with this job, I am for the most part content. It's hard to believe I've been here for nearly eight months..
The great thing is that during these down moments I can take advantage of my transcription work that has been unexpectedly added this month. With my pay raise I hope to be able to earn an additional $1k to stow away in the kitty for when my student loan payments start up this summer.

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day, and I'm looking forward to spending it with Chechu. It'll be our first VD together-ever, so it should be pretty fun. I'd like to get up early to make breakfast and then we'll be going to lunch at this great Italian place not too far from where I work. After work we'll be spending the rest of the evening at home and probably watch a movie.

0 comments: