Friday, February 22, 2008

Working for the weekend..

Soo glad today is Friday. This week hasn't been as stressful as others have been, but nonetheless I'll be glad to get out of the office for a couple of days. It turns out that we won't be able to go to Cuevas on Saturday like we had originally planned since Chechu has to lead worship at church that afternoon. But, since we'll be sticking around here we will be able to catch up on a few pending errands, specifically buying a bookcase for our guest room since it has become the temporary deposit for all our stuff. On Sunday morning we'll be able to relax a bit since Chechu doesn't have to be at church, although he does have to be in Granada that afternoon, and I may go with him depending on whether or not there is room for me. Otherwise I'll be spending a quiet afternoon at home catching up on some other work.

Yesterday's kiwi/mandarin salad was a huge success- so much so that I'm thinking about repeating the experience again with today's lunch. I also made beans with rice to go with the rest of the porkloin fillets we have left over. Lately I've become keen on watching my portion intake, which is a big key for me. After the wedding I started getting used to eating huge portions again, and it's been a hard habit to break. I've noticed however that even during this short amount of time that I've been on plan, I am a lot more conscious about what I put into my body and when to stop eating after getting that first "I'm full" feeling. This way I'm actually able to taste and enjoy food instead of mindlessly throwing it down the trap.

After three consecutive workouts I'm starting to become passionate about exercise again. The thought of only working out three times a week doesn't seem like enough anymore, so I'm running with that thought and going for my fourth workout today. I wasn't able to exercise this morning but I purposely left my laptop at home so that I can do Turbo Jam this afternoon before coming back to work. I'm actually excited about exercising today, which is something that I honestly can't believe. This just goes to prove the point I made in a previous post about how mental this whole process is. Being "on" is a decision that I have to make first in my mind and in my heart, and then everything else will just follow suit.

It's practically March and with each passing day I get more and more excited about summer. Almost everyone here in the office is on a pre-summer diet and exercise plan. My health is of course my main priority, but I also want to look my best. There's nothing like walking out of your house feeling fully confident in how you look, and I owe that to myself.

0 comments: