Wednesday, February 20, 2008

You take the good you take the bad..

Ah yes.. you take them both and there you have the facts of life..

Great show with an all-too-accurate theme. Life is full of ups and downs, victories big and small, joys, tears and those stand-still moments from time to time where everything else seems to be moving along except me. Throught it all, however, there is constant hope in trusting in God and knowing that He holds the key to it all. As it says in Jeremiah, His plans for us are good plans, that will prosper and grow us up. I know that my health is important to God, and I want to get this area of my life together not just for me, but to bring Him glory as well.

I struggled with the idea of working out or not during my walk back home. I stepped in the door, hungry as I-don't-know-what and grabbed the first thing that came to mind: the pack of Principe cookies I bought Sunday night after church and a small glass of skim milk. Yeah, something had to go right in that equation. Before it was all said and done I ate seven cookies. Pretty embarrassing to see that in print. After that I couldn't bear the thought of not exercising to at least cancel out some of the calories I had consumed. So I shocked myself yet again and did TaeBo-- all 50 minutes of it. I do feel proud of myself for being able to take control and say yes to exercise, but I don't want to get too comfortable with this small victory. After all, tomorrow is another day where I'll have to face these challenges all over again.

My goals for tomorrow are:

  • Get up by 8am with Chechu to do some house cleaning and ironing
  • WORK OUT with Turbo Jam from 8:30-9:15am
  • HAVE BREAKFAST
  • Control my portion sizes at lunch-time
  • Bring a snack for dinner to have at work
  • NO eating after 7:30pm

This one small victory has shown me that I am capable of making good decisions. This whole journey- the length of it rather, totally depends on me. I want to use this blog as an outlet to chart my progress, not watch myself go 'round and 'round in circles without getting anywhere.


0 comments: