Monday, August 27, 2007

Back to work

It's been a productive Monday morning thus far. I've managed to channel my desire to still be on vacation into finalizing several things that were pending from last week. I'm still waiting on the most urgent information to arrive however, which I pray will appear in my inbox this afternoon when I return from lunch. Avelino is supposed to be back from vacation tomorrow morning, and I really want to be able to hand into him all the new information that he's been waiting for.

In spite of the Feria, last week was very productive as well. We got our marriage license papers together, I am now legally able to be here for another three months and Chechu and I also sat down to organize our budget for September and plan the other tasks that we'll have to have completed this month. For next week I have to schedule an appointment with the gynecologist to talk about birth control and get a check up. Not exactly looking forward to that, but it's definitely something that has to be done. I certainly don't have plans to become anybody's mama anytime soon. :P

I'm anxious to finally have my own space. Chechu and I went last Thursday to see two of Rocío's parents' apartments here in Aguaducle, both of which are a hop, skip and a jump from my office. We both fell in love with the first apartment-- the complex has a high level of security, ample parking and a pool! The apartment in itself is adorable-- well lit, a spacious living room, kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms and a terraza. It's painted and everything and brand-spanking new. Rent would be 500€/month plus water and electic. Right now Rocío and her family are on vacation, but once they return this week we'll begin getting things together to start the move. I'm so ready to have my own space with Chechu. For as grateful as I am that his mom has taken me into her home, I'm ready to move out!

0 comments: