Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Pay day

Yesterday I got my first "paycheck" in the form of two 500€ bills and 200€ more to come today, equaling 1200€ all together. So I'm pretty happy about that and, needless to say, more at ease about work.

This morning I went to have class at Espacio but Alberto apparently wasn't able to make it in due to an unforeseen errand he had to run. It was funny how I had a feeling that he wasn't going to be there before I got out of the car and sure enough, as soon as I walked in one of the consultants told me that he wasn't able to make it. I left them with my cell phone number just incase the same thing happens again for tomorrow.

I'm here at the office again, with not too much else to do except figure out who I'm going to call this afternoon and cross my fingers to hope and pray that more offers will come in. For as much as I called yesterday afternoon and asked for information on vacant land, I haven't received a single email. This afternoon I think I'll finish up with the Miami calls and then move on to Tampa, since they're going to be looking there as well.

I think Chechu and I are clear on the fact that buying a house now isn't the best option for us at this point, and that it will be wiser for us to rent. So we've started looking for apartments here in Aguadulce and on Saturday morning if there's time we'll take part of the morning to walk around and take down numbers. We'll have to have everything together by September-- I think Chechu wants to move in first to start getting things organized and that way we'll have everything together by the time October rolls around. Ideally we're looking for a furnished apartment.

I'm wearing my size 14 black pants this morning and they fit quite comfortably. So I'm excited to be seeing results. All I can do is continue to do my best. I've just been focusing on eating less and exercising- or at least walking more. Now that Cristina is going on vacation (and may leave all together) I'll be doing a lot more walking during the day, which will certainly do me a world of good. I'm confident that at this point, my dress should definitely zip up at the least. I really want to work hard this month and stay focused so that by the time September 1 rolls around and I try the dress on again, it will fit like it should. :D

0 comments: