Saturday, August 18, 2007

Yesterday's breakthrough...

So Marissa has finally been offered a job. Praise the Lord! It should also be noted that she was contacted on Thursday-- the same day that I think both of us had come to our wits' end. Talk about God not coming when you want Him, but always being on time...

She'll be working as of September 10 at Gateway, which is a health insurance company located in Pittsburgh. For now she'll be working as a bilingual representative but she will also have opportunities to get into medical translation, which is really exciting too, since that's what she's been looking for. So this is God's provision for now, and the main thing is to stay open to receive everything that He has coming up in the future. Big things are definitely in store for Marissa.

This whole week has been really tiresome, and today has been no exception. This morning I went running around with Esther, which was a lot of fun. We literally spent the whole morning walking around, looking at the different lingerie shops to check out prices for undergarments. I'm at least comforted to know that buying a corsett won't cost me a fortune here, and that I won't have to send for it. I tried several on and they actually fit (or snapped up at least), so I'm hoping that that's a good sign for my wedding dress. I don't intend on trying that on anytime soon though. Marissa is supposed to be sending me my two evening gowns this week for Mª Ángeles and Gema's weddings, both of which are size 16, so I'll more than have a measurement guide to follow. Since I was running late this morning I didn't stop at the pharmacy to weigh myself. If I can't do it tomorrow I may just go ahead and wait until next weekend.

All in all I do feel a lot better about things in general. It seems like everything is falling into place piece by piece.

0 comments: