Monday, August 6, 2007

weekend wrap-up

It's just after 10:30am this Monday morning and I'm here at the office all by myself. Cristina is on vacation this week, and once she gets back, María will follow suit. Hopefully today I'll see the remaining 100€ that I'm owed whenever Avelino decides to stop by. Cristina was all but ready to walk out last week because she was really tired (and quite indignant about not having vacation time) of everything. In the end, after speaking with Avelino about everything, she finally got her much sought after vacation and on top of that she's decided to stick it out for a while, for which I'm glad.
I've heard through the grapevine that during the week of the Feria Avelino will close the office, which will be a nice perk for me. During that week Chechu and I will have to go back to the Comisaría to renew my visa, and I'm sure that by then we'll have more things finalized about where we're going to live, etc.

As usual this past weekend flew by, indicative of how this whole summer has been. It's hard to believe that this time next month, Mª Ángeles will be getting married, followed by Gema shortly thereafter. From now until the end of the year there will be big things going on every month. :)
Yesterday I stayed here in Almería instead of going to Granada. Chechu was there all day because of there was an ensayo that morning. I ended up going to the beach yesterday afternoon and had a great time. Before it was all said and done I had a splitting headache though, but other than that I had a great time.

This week, Chechu and I have to get our invitations sent out to Mom and Riss, and we also need to get our paperwork turned into the Junta de Andalucía for the apartment. We went to Carrefour on Saturday afternoon to look at a bed and other things for the house. I really had a lot of fun looking at things for the kitchen and other decorations. :) I'm so anxious to finally be married and for us to have our own space.

0 comments: