Friday, August 10, 2007

Friday again...

It's been an emotional whirlwind of a week in a lot of ways, and needless to say I'm thankful that Friday is finally here. I'm not exactly sure how of how else to describe my state of mind at this very moment, other than exhausted. One thing for sure is that I'm definitely ready for it to be 8:30pm, and for the weekend to begin.

Yesterday I stayed here in the office until 10:00 catching up on work. A lot of land offers have come in this week while Avelino has been away, and I've been working to get them all translated into Spanish. At this point I have 12 left to finish and I hope to do that before the end of the day. At least when Avelino gets back he'll be able to see that I wasn't here twiddling my thumbs all day, unlike some people who shall remain nameless.

I also got another job this week teaching English to a young law student, Aida, who is living here in Aguadulce with her family for the summer. She and I have arranged to meet Monday and Friday mornings from 8-10 and then Thursday evenings from 9-10pm. This morning we had our first class, which went very well. I think she surprised herself that she could maintain a conversation in English for two hours, since she said she hadn't practiced in a while. I actually got paid today too-- 16€, since I charge 8€ an hour.
Chechu was concerned about me spreading myself too thin and not having enough time to rest, but I think that I'll do okay. Besides, these classes aren't scheduled indefinitely since Aida said that once September rolls around she'll probably head back to Madrid to start looking for work.

I'm starting to ramble so I think I'll sign off for now. I'm starting to get sleepy.. :P

0 comments: