Friday, April 11, 2008

Just Two hours..

...between me and the WEEKEND!

Some random thoughts on this windy afternoon:

  1. My co-worker has taken the rest of the afternoon off and her absences usually keep the boss at bay. For María and me, this means we get to leave the office tonight ON TIME!!!
  2. I'm feeling a million times better right now than what I did this morning.
  3. I spoke with my Mom before leaving for lunch. It felt good to have the chance to just talk- this time about her, how she's feeling and how I can be of help. She's supposed to be sending us pictures of Aunt Bertie to prepare a slide show presentation and a program for her memorial service. It feels weird talking about my aunt as if she were already gone, but since her passing is inevitable, it's necessary to plan for it. At this point, I'm just less anxious knowing that Chechu and I will be able to lessen some of the load for my Mom in planning and preparing the funeral. Marissa is going to speak with her supervisor about taking some days off to fly back home, and that has allowed me to breathe a huge sigh of relief, knowing that my Mom isn't going to have to go through all this by herself.
  4. I made these awesome lemon-peppered fish fillets for lunch today just like how my Mama makes them, minus the bread crumbs and greasy goodness. Got rave reviews from the husband too :)
  5. I get to talk to my Sissy tonight after work!
  6. I'm starting to look forward to this concert tomorrow. I have a feeling that we'll have a great time after all.
  7. We've decided on Sunday as our "cheat-meal" day. I'm still not entirely certain on what lunch will entail, but I have a sneaking suspicion that we'll be a lot less indulgent this time around since both of us are looking to see lower numbers on the scale.
  8. It's been an intense, intense week of cravings, and I've managed to get through it without cheating once. I'd say that counts for a Non-Scale Victory.
  9. I feel stronger and more agile. I'm building up my determination to plow through this weight loss and never look back.
  10. I've spent about an hour on this post. There's no sign of the boss, and that means that I'm just a mere 60 minutes from the weekend!

Have a great one, you guys!

0 comments: