Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Slow day

Thankfully it's been a calm Tuesday- calm enough for two posts today! In theory I have just under an hour and a half left here in the office, and I'm praying that Avelino doesn't stop by at the last minute like he's been doing lately. That usually means overtime.

Now that we leave work an hour earlier, I have more personal time in the evenings to get things done at home. Tonight I have the following on my agenda:

  1. TaeBo Basic Training @ 8:15
  2. Call Sis
  3. Housework: hang laundry out to dry, iron, make beds, wash dishes, make dinner for tonight and lunch for Thursday (since I won't have much time tomorrow)

After all that I plan to take a soothing, hot bath and hopefully catch a movie with Chechu if there's time. I soooooooo love our apartment. There's something about the lighting we have set up in there that makes it so relaxing in the evenings.

Diet-wise, things have continued to go well today but it's been hard nonetheless. I'm not sure what it is about cloudy, overcast days that tempt me to jump, er, plunge off the wagon. This morning I was still hungry after my mid-morning snack. I started thinking about all the food places I would visit if we were in the States right now-- Dairy Queen, Coldstone, STARBUCKS... Those thoughts led to contemplating how great it would be to go to the supermarket tonight after work (the one conveniently located down the street from our house) and just buy massive amounts of chocolate, pastries and ice cream. No DQ, Coldstone or Starbucks by any means, but a close fourth-place nonetheless. That treat run would have of course implied hurriedly eating it all at home and discarding the evidence before hubby could catch me red-handed. That sounds insane as I read it in print, but those thoughts (when they do creep up) are very real. That totally sounds like a person with an eating disorder. Do I have an eating disorder??

...As I ponder that, I'm very thankful that over the course of the afternoon my visions of sabotage have pretty much dissipated. I didn't go off the deep end at lunch and I certainly am heading straight home after work. I'm enjoying a low-fat strawberry yogurt cup for my evening snack instead of a pint of Hagen Daas, and I feel pretty good about that.

I'm also thankful that Chechu and I are doing this together. He's so encouraging and so disciplined when it comes to dieting. He's not an "enabler," he's not capricious and he doesn't give in to my "c'mon it's just one cookie (etc)" lines. He keeps me honest and that's what I need in this stage in the game.

1 comments:

Alli said...

Girl I am the SAME way when its overcast and yucky out. I just want to snuggle up on my couch wtih a big old pizza and go to town. Congrats on staying strong-- they always say determination is a muscle and gets stronger the more you use it.