Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The no-update update

I didn't get on the scale this morning because, frankly, it was too early and I wasn't in the mood to see what it had to say. Even though I had a good day yesterday (with exercise and all!) I feel like a balloon today. I've got annoying cramps and this dull lower back pain. I though birth control was supposed to make all this go away!

April has been a rough month emotionally. I've had some ups and downs. I've fallen off the wagon once or twice, lured by chocolate and ice cream. The important thing is that I didn't stay off track though, and staying consistent with keeping track of my eating and exercise has really helped.

I feel like May is going to be a breakthrough month for me and I'm excited for it to get here. It's starting to get really warm outside, and I've had enough of the exercise dvd's. I'm ready to get my butt out on the pavement and start jogging. Originally my goal was to start jogging once I got down to 200, but I see no point in waiting for that. Next month I'm going to get myself some running gear and get moving. I've got big plans for May!

Nevertheless, April isn't over yet. Even though I cancelled my weigh-in for today, I'm still staying completely on track. There's roughly one week left in this month and I will make the most of it:

1. I'm not going to weigh myself again until next Wednesday, April 30th. I've been stepping on the scale almost daily since the start of the month and I'm not certain that being this conscious of my weight is helping it go down.

2. Between now and the end of this weight loss journey I've got a pretty good bit of weight to lose. But, for the next eight days I'm just focusing on my goal of 215 to reach by next Wednesday.

3. EXERCISE. Daily.

4. Staying on plan and not letting a minor craving throw my day off.

I plan to squeeze in a workout this afternoon, cramps and all, before I come back to work. I just really need to focus on this goal. I need to make this happen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of being a woman! *passes hot water bottle and nurofen*

On the plus side exercise is supposed to relieve the cramps but so is birth control hmmmm strange :s

I haven't had the best month at being ultra healthy, i'm too scared to get onto the scales as there has been some pretty serious ice cream consumption going on. Including for breakfast today oh dear! You on the other hand are still doing wonderfully well, you've declared war on the scales and you are winning. I'm sure you can't wait till it's warm enough to run outside.

I hope you have a lovely tuesday

Alli said...

April has been a really rough month for me also. I am not sure why. I feel like I have been trying but not getting anywhere... I guess I am simply swimming in place. I feel like my body is an alien I just dont understand it anymore!!!

Fairy Princess said...

The plan is the first step. And it's a GOOD ONE! Work your plan chica and we will all hopefully kick butt in May! I've been wrestling with this 10 lbs for 3-4 weeks now...April was tough and almost over.

Allison said...

I've read that being overweight causes more painful cramps. Yet another good reason to continue on this weight loss journey! You're a better woman than I if you can work out while you're all crampy. Hope you feel better soon! :)