Monday, May 26, 2008

Back to work

It’s 9:36 on this overcast Monday morning and I’m already looking forward to this coming weekend. For the first time during the entire month of May, Chechu and I will finally have a Saturday and Sunday to ourselves—we’ve already got some ideas going about what to do, and I’m sure the beach will be involved.

As for last week’s exercise challenge, I managed to work out during three of the five scheduled days. Not the perfect end to the week that I was hoping for, but not an entire flop either. This week, my exercise goals are as follows:

Monday- TJ cardio after work (8:30-9:30P)
Tuesday- TJ cardio after work (8:30-9:30P)
Wednesday- TJ cardio before work (7:00 – 8:00P)
Thursday- break
Friday- TJ cardio before work (7:00-8:00P)
Saturday- TJ cardio AM
Sunday- TJ cardio AM

So it’s all cardio this week, and I’m increasing my workout days to six. Yeah, it’s time to turn it up a notch over these next seven days.

This past weekend was good:

1). On Friday night after work I met up with my husband and MIL to go out for tapas. We had a great time, and I ended up having not one but three. Oh and afterward we went out for ice cream too. I think we’re going to meet up again this coming Friday, and knowing how I am I’ll save up my cheat points until then.

2). On Saturday I didn’t leave my house. And it felt good. I got up early and worked out extra hard for an hour. Then I cleaned the apartment and did laundry. I worked for an hour, made lunch and talked on the phone with my sister for the remainder of the afternoon. That evening some of the young adults from church came over to our house and we had a game night together, which was a lot of fun. There were some light snacks involved, but I behaved myself.

3). Sunday was a busy day. We got up early to help load and unload the sound equipment for church service that morning at the hotel. Afterward we came back home for lunch, rested for a little bit and then headed back out to Granada for evening service. Yesterday also marked the last Sunday that my two other American friends would be attending church since they’re both on their way back to the States this week. Both of them have been such a huge blessing to me in so many ways, and I’m definitely going to miss them. Nevertheless I know that God has amazing things in store for both of them, and I’m excited to see His plans unfold in their lives. Having to say goodbye still sucks though.
However, experiencing those feelings yesterday also made me glad that I’m no longer living the nomadic life of a student. Nearly ten years have passed since I started and finished both undergrad and graduate school (wow), and during most of that time I grew accustomed to the transient lifestyle that students almost always have to take on, moving back and forth every nine months or so. Tomorrow marks one year that I’ve been living in Spain, and I must say that it feels really good to finally be settled down.

I’m in kind of a weird mood this morning. I’ve got Gloria Estefan’s “It Cuts Both Ways” stuck in my head for some strange reason, and even though I can’t relate to this song at all, it’s not making me feel any more chipper. Gah. I need to tune into some praise and worship music to get out of this!

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comments:

Trisha J. said...

Sounds like your weekend was good, and your next weekend is all planned. I remember those "nomadic" school days. I am also glad they are over. It is Memorial Day here in the states so I have the day off! WHEW I need it. Good luck with your work out challenge. I KNOW you can do it! I really like working out now---as weird as that sounds. Today is a day off yet when the "Y" opens I am going to go work out. Before, I would have taken ANY excuse to not work out: oh, it's a holiday, my toe hurts, I am tired, stomachache, too cold, too hot, I look bad, clothes are dirty, hubby isn't going..........etc....etc.... So, if I can do it when I am QUEEN of excuses and laziness, you can do it!!!!!!! I am proud of you for setting those goals for yourself.