Friday, May 23, 2008

TGIF

It’s Friday, thank goodness. This week has gone by smoothly, things are going well at work on all fronts and overall, I feel good.

My exercise challenge hasn’t been exactly perfect this week. I missed out on my workout yesterday because I didn’t get up in the morning to do it and I had no other spare time during the day to squeeze it in. We went to a birthday party last night and didn’t get home until after 1am. Seeing how late it was, I knew that a 7am wake-up call was going to be a stretch for this morning. I assumed correctly. Hopefully I’ll be able to get something in today, in spite of my equally crazy schedule.

Tonight after work we’ll be going out for tapas with Charo, and I’m looking forward to hanging out with her. Tapas is an interesting Spanish tradition where you go to any bar or pub, order a drink and you get a small plate of food of your choice to go with it for free. When my family came over for the wedding, everyone was super intrigued by this, my brother in particular. The portion sizes are quite small, so usually people order two or three tapas when they go out. In my case this evening I will stick to just one!

I’ll be happy with whatever exercise I can get in today, but at least tomorrow morning I’ll be able to make up for it.

2 comments:

Alli said...

I love TAPAS!!!! Hope you hav an awesome time out with your friend. And a great relaxing weekend!
1am? Girl I would be dead the next day. =) Just that one time going tou wtih the batchelorette party made me feel like I was jetlagged for a week. ha.

Trisha J. said...

Sometimes it is so hard to get that work out in! But you obviously are making some great strides forward! Congrats. I love tapas too!