Thursday, May 8, 2008

Robitussin is not a good start to my morning. This has got to be the worst-tasting cold medicine ever invented. When my sister and I were little, getting us to take this medicine often turned into an agonizing, tearful hour-long ordeal. Now that I'm an adult I willingly subject myself to this torture. Even at 27, I still can't just down a couple tablespoon-fulls of this stuff without having mentally prepared myself first. Then I pinch my nose before taking the medicine, so as not to get the full effect of how bad it tastes, and finally I have to chase it with either water or juice, which never usually gets rid of the bitter after-taste anyway.

So yeah, I'm a bit under the weather today. Aside from the cold symptoms I'm feeling a little nauseuous as well which kind of sucks. It's dark, rainy and gross outside and I would so love to be firmly planted on my couch right now with a warm cup of tea and a good book.

This weekend actually looks to be somewhat low-key, which will be quite a welcomed change. The car will be in the shop all weekend, thus curtailing any spontaneous travel plans, so we'll have even more motives to just hang out and relax. Sounds good to me.

In other news, I'm starting to experiment more with this diet plan that we've been following, mostly because I'm getting tired of eating the same food every week. Lunch is the big meal of the day here, and I've started to go back to my recipe books to find meals that I can incorporate into our diet plan. It's all about making a lifestyle change, and since I don't see us eating the same four things forever, our approach has to be more practical.

I actually got in a good half-hour of walking yesterday during lunch. My legs are feeling a lot stronger now that I'm getting more and more consistent with exercise. For today I'll have to work out during my lunch hour, since that's really the only time I'll have free.

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Alli said...

Hope you feel better soon girl. I am starting to get a sore throat which would totally suck because when I do get sick it sticks for a bit and I dont want ot add sick to the list of things that make me feel like shiz next weekend at that wedding. haha.
Hang in there its almost the weekend and then you can relax and focus on getting healthy.

Felicia said...

Feel better soon!!! I hear you about the taste of that stuff. *GAG*

*huggles*
=0)