Monday, May 12, 2008

weekend recap

I’ve had a great, non-stop weekend! For once in what seems like forever I feel like I was really able to enjoy my Saturday and Sunday to the fullest. This morning, rather than having the sensation that the hours just flew by without my realizing it, I feel satisfied with everything that I was able to accomplish during those two days.

It all started on Friday during my lunch break. My husband and I decided to stray a bit from the diet path and order take-out (pizza) for lunch. After being good for an entire week, we deserved the break. We changed into our house clothes, went to pick up the pizza and on the way back we decided to have an in-house picnic. With our huge patio doors open, allowing the warm Andalusian breeze to blow in, we sat on our couch lazily watching the afternoon news, laughing and enjoying ourselves as if neither of us had to be back at work within the next couple hours. After taking a glorious siesta, I returned to the office feeling fully refreshed and ready to get through my last three hours of work. That evening, I left on time, cleaned my entire apartment when I got back home and enjoyed spending time with my husband. Couldn’t have asked for a better Friday.

On Saturday Chechu and I walked over what seemed to be all of creation. We spent the entire day in Almería, walking through the city and doing some shopping. We caught the bus into the city since our car was in the shop all day, and after Chechu’s tutoring session with David we walked across town to try out this new Chinese buffet that everyone’s been raving about. It was definitely worth the walk- the food was amazing. I somewhat behaved myself, filling up on water and only taking one reasonably-sized plate of food. I did have a couple scoops of ice cream afterward too.

After the buffet we walked to the mall, spending a few hours walking around looking at the different stores. This is so rare for me, because I really don’t like shopping, least of all window-shopping. My husband on the other hand loves walking through the different stores and checking everything out. We ended up getting a new iron and I got some new bras and underwear. Not a bad deal. Exhausted, we finally made it home around 9pm.

On Sunday our church celebrated Pentecost in La Herradura, a beach town just outside of Almuñécar. Chechu left early that morning because there were several meetings he had to attend while I stayed behind, doing some work and getting myself ready to meet up with the rest of the hermanos who would be catching the bus down to La Herradura. We all met up around 2:15 and left shortly thereafter.

Service was great. We held the celebration at the local Civic Center, filling up the entire auditorium. It’s amazing to see how much the church has grown since I started attending almost four years ago. We all had a wonderful time.

I’m definitely tired and in need of caffeine this morning, but I feel really good otherwise. The scale gave a very promising reading yesterday morning, and I’m hoping it will go down just a bit more before WI tomorrow.

1 comments:

Alli said...

Sounds like an AWESOME weekend. So how is the culture over there with the siesta's?? How long do you get off for lunch every day?? That much be so nice.