Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Thanks..

... for the words of encouragement.

I'm glad to say that I feel much better today as compared to yesterday. My boss actually gave me the rest of the afternoon off after seeing how burned out I must've looked. I certainly wasn't expecting that, but it was sooo what I needed. A huge blessing. Talk about the Lord coming through right on time! I went home, took a two-hour nap and then my MIL visited with me for a while, which was also a welcomed surprise. We chatted for almost three hours and before she left we agreed to meet up this Friday again for tapas and then to get the whole family together for lunch at Abuela's (her mom) on Saturday. So, in addition to relaxing this weekend, I'm looking forward to getting together with everyone too.

I'm thinking that these mood swings I've been having are primarily due to the birth control pills I'm on. The strange thing is that these pills have a low concentration of estrogen which, in theory, should curb all the hormonal, mood-swingy issues. So I don't know. I've thought about changing the bc method, but then I figure that since I'll be injecting myself with hormones regardless of the method I choose, what's the point of changing it up? I'm good with taking my pills and some of the other methods out there are either too extreme for my taste or just not practical. Perhaps the mood swings are just a part of family planning that I'll have to grin and bear.

What do you guys think?

3 comments:

Fairy Princess said...

Check with your OBGYN she may be able to offer some help with everything. I know my OBGYN is crazy helpful when it comes to pretty much all things hormonal.

Alli said...

I am SO glad your boss let you leave early. I bet that was SO needed you know?
If I were you I would check with my doc about the hormone things. Im sure there is an alternative that would be less of the hormone roller coaster. Hugs!

Trisha J. said...

I am glad you got to have the afternoon of! nice. Sounds like you have a nice weekend ahead of you. I wish I got along with my MIL!!! Good luck with the hormonal stuff! You OBGYN may offer some non-hormonal solutions.