Wednesday, May 21, 2008

It's Wednesday already?

It’s crazy how the pace of a week can change so drastically from one to the next. By this time last Wednesday I was dragging myself to work with 0 energy. I was expecting my period then too so that probably had a lot to do with the fatigue, but man. I’m still talking about how brutal those five days were.

As per my friend’s advice, this morning I started on a multi-vitamin supplement and I’m already feeling the difference. I have much more energy and, overall, I’ve got a much more positive attitude. Again, I’m comparing this difference to my hellish PMS week which doesn’t really count, but I have read where multivitamins do increase your energy levels and help to balance out your moods, in addition to filling all your daily vitamin/mineral needs. When my sister got on her nutrition kick a couple years ago she was all about buying her multivitamins and fish oil supplements. I lackadaisically popped a few from time to time but never really got into the whole thing because it seemed too die-hard “fitnessy” for me. Plus I was in grad school then, and since I struggled enough with remembering my own name at times, I wasn’t that interested in piling yet another task onto my mountainous to-do list. But now that I’m putting my health as a priority, it’s important to me to get in all the vitamins and minerals that may be lacking in my diet. It’s nice that one pill can do that for me.

In other news, I did complete day one of my exercise challenge last night. I was so not in the mood by the time I got home last night, but I sucked it up and did the entire Turbo Jam workout. About halfway through I got completely winded and had to hit the pause button. Normally when I get tired enough to stop a workout I stop all together, but this time I waited long enough to catch my breath and kept going. As usual, I ended up really enjoying the workout and had a fabulous shower afterwards. My bed kept me in its clutches this morning so I didn’t get up early to work out (shocker). I will however go home to exercise tonight after work and then head back out to Bible study.

I’m looking forward to this weekend. Hopefully the weather will be warm enough to swim- I’m anxious to try out the pool at our apartment complex!

2 comments:

Alli said...

I miss having access to a pool!! I def need to start taking a multi vitamin myself. I always start and then forget one day and it seems to always fizzle out after that. I know I dont nearly get enough nutrients from the food I eat though so I need to try and get it into a habit.
So glad you are feeling better this week. Sounds like you are really rocking on your goals girl!!

Trisha J. said...

Good for you for all the positive changes: vitamins, continuing your work out, looking at the positive side, wanting to swim! Boy you are rocking and a rolling! Keep it up!